According to new research, over 80% of college graduates are moving back in with their parents after college. This got me to thinking is this due to not having a job or money? or being prudent and living at home to save up money or a combination of both? If it's being prudent I think this can be attributed to the younger generation witnessing first hand the "great recession," which has most certainly had a profound effect.
If you look at our grandparents generation who lived through the Great Depression they saved, didn't really use credit cards and basically lived within their means. Hopefully we are seeing a renewal of these values.
This does pose an interesting question for housing, particularly rental housing in cities where many college graduates congregate. Will this trend create pent up demand? Will it create demand for new types of housing? Only Time will tell.
- Sixth Straight Year of Population Gains for Philad...
- Record Numbers Of College Graduates Moving Back In...
- Portland Taking Interesting Approach To Creating W...
- New Report Shows More People Walking and Biking
- Catching Up With B Love of PhillySkyline.com
- $19m Of Improvements Coming To the Parkway
- Art + Soul Food = Btown June 12th
- Cars Trending Down ... Bikes Trending Up!
- Article On Artists Collectives In Philadelphia
- Walk To Work - Center City To Brewerytown
- ▼ June (10)
Came across this post on the Philadelphia Real Estate Blog by agents Christopher and Stephanie Somers of ReMax. In this article they emphas...
You should gather this information before calling Orange County costa mesa movers as your mover to move a new home. I encourage you to gath...
Valley View Hot Springs is probably the best kept secret in the whole of south central Colorado. During the boom of the 1st World War, Colo...
Rolex name is defined as a luxury watch that shows the class, success in the class of luxury watches and the perfection of the man or woma...