Just read this great article over at grist.org, where the mayor of Portland OR talks about creating what he calls 20 minute neighborhoods throughout the Portland MSA. His definition of a 20 minute neighborhood is effectively a neighborhood where you can walk or bike to restaurants - they liken it to a "mixed use development."
It would seem Philadelphia is extremely well positioned to leverage this concept as it's a city of neighborhoods. It would be interesting to see this concept made part of the Greenworks Initiative or some other program(s).
- Sixth Straight Year of Population Gains for Philad...
- Record Numbers Of College Graduates Moving Back In...
- Portland Taking Interesting Approach To Creating W...
- New Report Shows More People Walking and Biking
- Catching Up With B Love of PhillySkyline.com
- $19m Of Improvements Coming To the Parkway
- Art + Soul Food = Btown June 12th
- Cars Trending Down ... Bikes Trending Up!
- Article On Artists Collectives In Philadelphia
- Walk To Work - Center City To Brewerytown
- ▼ June (10)
Came across this post on the Philadelphia Real Estate Blog by agents Christopher and Stephanie Somers of ReMax. In this article they emphas...
You should gather this information before calling Orange County costa mesa movers as your mover to move a new home. I encourage you to gath...
Valley View Hot Springs is probably the best kept secret in the whole of south central Colorado. During the boom of the 1st World War, Colo...
Rolex name is defined as a luxury watch that shows the class, success in the class of luxury watches and the perfection of the man or woma...