Words and Images

I've been thinking about the power of words, and images. I noticed that people who are really into words, feel that a spare clean look is effective. Their idea on the page is all that is needed. Two examples of this are Digby and Juan Cole. Both succeed at this because they are fine minds, and can handle words and the ideas behind those words. This works only if you're Juan or Digby, most of us are in that great herd that just produce drivel.
As a lover of both words and images, I'm aware of the power of both. But it is images that crush words every time. Don't believe me, just try not to notice that rotating globe on the right side of this page.

This morning I came across a really wonderful set of images :

{Click on the Picture to Play}

NASA: The advance and retreat of daily snow and sea ice cover in the Northern Hemisphere from September 2002 through May 2003 (Animation)